- 400g (15oz) cooked chickpeas
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 bunch of radishes
- 1 bunch of baby carrots
- 1 packet of baby cucumbers
- 1 packet of sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- Breadcrumbs (optional)
- Chives (optional)
1. Make hummus
- Drain the chickpeas in a sieve, rinse under cold running water and add to the blender with the crushed garlic, tahini and olive oil.
- Rest the sieve over a small bowl and squeeze the lemon over it to strain out any pips and pith.
- Pour half of the lemon juice into the blender with the chickpeas and blitz until smooth.
- Season with salt and some extra lemon juice if needed.
2. Get potting!
- Carefully spoon the hummus into your plant pot or a serving dish of your choice.
- Push your clean and prepped crudité vegetables into the hummus so that they look like vegetables growing from the ground – they are now ready fo scooping!
> Silly soil
- Get your adult to toast some breadcrumbs in oil and mix with chopped chives for an instant, tasty soil you can scatter on top of the hummus.